Terms & conditions
Terms and conditions – plumbing & drains
These terms and conditions apply to our on-demand Plumbing and Drain services. Please read this document carefully as it will tell you everything you need to know about the terms and conditions on which we will deal with each other.
1. It is our intention that all the terms of the agreement between us (including details of the services and any goods or materials we are to provide) are listed on the job details through the website. If you have any questions or do not accept any of the provisions included in these terms and conditions, please let us know.
2. The Dyno service is provided by Dyno’s own staff and by Franchisees.
3. Quotations given by us are valid for twenty-eight days from the date they are given. We may vary or withdraw any quotation at any time before it is accepted but you.
4. We will do our best to complete the work and provide the goods and materials for the quoted amount However, due to unforeseen circumstances, we may incur additional costs above the quoted amount ln this event, will let you know immediately and explain the reasons for the additional costs and ask you to accept an amended quote to cover the additional costs.
5. The price payable by you is the price stated as the net value on the quotation plus the applicable rate of VAT at the time the services are supplied.
6. Before any work can commence a payment of the full amount quoted must be paid. Any time over the quoted hours will be charged at the hourly rate given. Once work is completed, a payment must be made to clear any extra outstanding hours owed.
7. Any extra parts required for completing the work that the engineer does not carry as stock items on the van, will need to be ordered and the job will need to be carried over.
8. We will carry out work during our normal business hours which are 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday. All work carried out outside our normal business hours will be charged at an additional premium rate.
9. Unless we are responsible for it, we will not include loss or damage to your Property (including any cleaning needed) or any other type of loss. If access has to be made to your property to complete a repair, we will fill any holes and leave the surface level but will not replace the original surface or construction’ Any redecoration or repair of damage that may be needed following our work is your responsibility, unless we have been negligent
10. You must let us know of anything which may present a hazard or danger to anyone carrying out work in your Property. You must also make sure that we have clear access to any relevant drains and covers and provide us with a supply of mains electricity and water. If we incur additional work or expense as a result of your failure to provide us with clear access, mains electricity and water, we may charge you for that additional work and/or expense.
11. We guarantee all parts and Labour for 1 year from the date of completion of the work provided that our guarantee will not apply where faults are caused wholly or in part by your (or any other person’s) misuse or neglect of those goods and materials or as a result of fair wear and tear. Any guarantee we offer does not affect your legal rights including those rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the Supply of Goods and Services Act ‘1982. You can get information about your rights from a Citizen’s Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Department.
12. We will not be responsible for our failure to meet any of our obligations under this agreement because of circumstances beyond our control.
’13. lf you are a tenant you will need your landlord’s permission to allow us to carry out the work’ lf the property is a listed building you may require planning permission. ln either case it is your responsibility to obtain any permission required for the work.
14. Notice of your Right to Cancel You are entitled to cancel this agreement If you wish to cancel, you MUST DO SO IN WRITING and deliver personally or send by recorded delivery or registered Post to Dyno Limited at the address on the front of the quotation left behind by the engineer at any time WITHIN 7 WORKING DAYS starting from the date the agreement is signed. Notice of cancellation is deemed to have been served as soon as it is posted or sent to us or in the case of electronic communication, from the date it is sent to us. You may use the detachable form attached to this agreement if you want to but You do not have to.
15. We may cancel the agreement at any time by giving you written notice. If we cancel the agreement without good reason, we will pay you for any notable costs you incur as a direct result of the cancellation.